Saturday, September 25, 2010

Southfield Day!

Today was Southfield Day and we all piled into the car this morning, bright and early on a Saturday :) to go see Morgan's classroom! It was so fun - seeing all her artwork all over the place, and she couldn't have been more excited to take us around and show off everything.

In her weekend journal she has 2 entries so far. The first was about going to the zoo (which we really did do - as you may recall) but I completely forgot about the part where "Daddy jumped over the elephant!" I am not quite sure how I could have forgotten that huge moment!! Her second entry was about how we saw a rainbow. She's really into drawing rainbows - so I think it was just an excuse to draw one. Though, I suppose it's not completely impossible. Again...my memory is disappointing me!!!

Maddie particularly enjoyed tearing up the classroom and acted as if she just fit right in. Mrs. McEwen was fabulous, as always, gave us the low-down on Morgan's day and her friends. It was great fun and we could have stayed longer, but it was off to face-painting and playing with her classmates. She had an "SF", a "5" (b/c she was almost 5), and a butterfly painted on her face. Once again, I'm totally slacking in the picture department. I have not on picture of Southfield Day, but it was really great. The girls had a ball.

Though, I must say - Mommy is really looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow! My feet and legs will not stop crying out in pain for me to just put them up! Going back to work is physically exhausting!! I wonder if it will be at all possible....????

No comments:

Post a Comment