Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Update

I can't seem to find the plug for the camera. Otherwise, I could show you pictures of how Maddie is trying to feed herself. Peas, yogurt, various pastas - all end in the same places - high chair tray, Maddie and the floor. But, it's quite the entertainment, especially when she's so fussy! She's working on one of her molars, it looks like, and apparently it's quite painful. I don't get it. She only has 6 teeth and instead of the others coming in first, she's just going to skip that. But, what do I know? All I know is I no longer have a "baby" on my hands. I have a true "toddler" who can climb stairs, open doors, change the channel, take out everything from my purse or diaper bag, and yes, who can throw temper tantrums like a true redhead. Like her sister, actually. Gee, I wonder where Maddie learned that?

Speaking of Morgan(!!!!), she is doing great. Loving camp. She had a play date with Katya on Saturday and spent most of the day with her. Went blueberry picking at a local farm and then back to Katya's house. We went to dinner with Gamma and Papa Saturday night. Morgan was very overtired and Maddie was all smiles. On Sunday Papa took Morgan to the driving range right down the street and let her hit some balls with her new clubs. Morgan was so excited when I told her the plan, she was jumping up and down, high fiving Kevin and I. Of course, while they just had to have some ice cream too. Morgan came home showing me her grip, and all the things Papa taught her, "eyes on the ball, head down" and "this is where I am supposed to put my feet." And since Papa suggested that she could practice in the back yard, that is all Morgan is talking about...going to practice. She has to do that "a lot!"

Tomorrow is "D-Day"....around here that is Deviated Septum day. Surgery is scheduled for 1245 which means I'll pretty much be starved all day. Diet, I guess, starts tomorrow. From what I hear, I'll be looking pretty good for about a week in case you run into me! I may be in hibernation, depending on how it goes. Will keep you posted as best I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment