Monday, February 1, 2010

Answers

So, I finally got my results back from my CT scan today. Yes, apparently, I have not just one, but 2 sinus infections on just my right side alone. The lady who called asked if I had any pain in my right upper teeth...I said, HELLO?!! Remember how I've called everyday saying I was in "excruciating pain!!!?" Mystery solved! My doctor recommended an ENT (I have an appointment in March --which was the earliest I could get) and said I definitely need to see him since this is an ongoing problem and gave me a different antibiotic as well. I'm also supposed to take Claritin everyday and he suggested the netty pot. To anyone who has actually used this...I loathe this thing. I used it once when I was so congested I couldn't breathe out of my nose, and I did more swallowing of the salt water than went through my nasal system, and let's just say it's something I hoped to never use again...so we'll see about that!

Morgan had a great day at school today. They begin learning about sea creatures and she's super excited about that. She and her friend, Katya, have been making loads of papers where Katya (quite the artist!!) will draw the animal and Morgan will write the word (with help, but she's sounding out words quite well). Last night we tried to get on to Shamu TV to see the killer whales, but for whatever reason it wasn't working. So, we ended up doing a polar bear puzzle and a killer whale puzzle online...gotta love Sea World!! Their website is pretty cool and very educational. Mommy's pretty excited about her enthusiasm for sea life as well as all the writing and sounding out words! I'm very impressed, but not surprised!!

Maddie's still working on those 2 front teeth. She was bearable today, though missed Morgan terribly. She loves playing with the learning home...opening and closing the door. She especially loves it when Morgan or Mommy are on the other side playing peek-a-boo. She still loves that game most of all. And her great efforts in crawling continue...backwards. She is moving faster and faster backwards, disappearing in corners until hear a giggle or screech for help. She gets frustrated pretty quickly as most of the toys she's going for are right in front of her and she moves further and further away. But, a happy baby she is...and such a cuddler! She cuddled with Papa as soon as he got his hands on her, leaning her forehead in so he could give her kisses. She'll do the same with anyone who's willing, even while she's in the middle of a meal in her high chair. Too funny!

I did get some picts of Maddie in action playing with the house...I will post them one of these days. Morgan has her last gymnastics class tomorrow...as she wants to sign up for something else in the spring. I asked her tonight what she wanted to sign up for and her answer was a killer...she said,
"the beach. I want to sign up for the beach on Martha's Vineyard and go there and swim. All the time." [insert sound of heart breaking].

No comments:

Post a Comment