Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goodbye vacation

Well, Daddy's vacation has come to a close. It's sad to see it all over already, but great for everyone to get back on schedule...well, at least until Thursday.

This morning Morgan, Maddie and I went to church with Gamma and Papa. It was a true miracle. Maddie was so exhausted she fell asleep on my lap for about 45 minutes. And she was out. The priest dropped something which made a LOUD noise with his microphone and Maddie did not even budge. Then another miracle occurred when I saw all the kids lining up to have their own readings upstairs. This was our first time at this church, so I asked Morgan if she'd like to go. She was excited to see all the other kids and very hesitantly went in line. She looked back, ran back to us (all in the front row of the church) and I told her she could choose to stay or go. She dropped off her picture Bible (that Uncle Arthur had given to me) and went along with the other kids. I continued to look at the door to see if/when she would return, probably in tears, but I'm pleased to say it never happened. She came up in line with all the other kids. Though she was very sad and said she didn't like it, when we were able to talk about it later, she changed her tune a little bit. She said they read stories and talked about Jesus and that she "never raised her hand and didn't talk the WHOLE time!" [Like I said, a miracle].
It couldn't have been a better church experience which is so great because I'm getting back to taking the girls to Mass again.

This afternoon was running errands and getting organized around the house, once again. Maddie seems to make more of a mess than I ever remember Morgan making...leaving her toys all of the house...watch your step! :)

It's a short week for Morgan at school this week, as we head to the Vineyard [house] for the final time. Daddy will have the shortest visit of all, arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday afternoon/evening. The family will gather once more at the Kennedy house to see what kind of damage we can do before the new owners arrive. All the years of Gamma telling us where not to put our feet, and taking shoes off are thrown out the window this weekend. It's the only thing I can think of to make myself feel better about the situation. So, let's go build a sand castle in the living room kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment