Saturday, February 26, 2011

Special Time

I have been on February "vacation" this week (which is funny because it was far from a "vacation", but time off work nonetheless. Kevin and Morgan were off through Tuesday and Maddie was sick most of the week. She was home with me on Wednesday and Thursday I went and ran errands all over town. Friday was my afternoon with Morgan to get her out of school early and go see Disney on Ice: Toy Story 3.

She has been obsessed with Toy Story recently and has collected or made most of the toys from the movies. So, I thought this would be a perfect thing for us to do - to have some time together without Maddie or Daddy. It's very rare these days since Maddie's been so sick most of this year -normal bugs for the first year in daycare - but it was going to be something special...and a SURPRISE!

I didn't tell her anything. Friday morning came and I had to write a note to Morgan's teacher to dismiss her early for pick-up. So, like I have done with all notes, I'll write it, hand it to Morgan (so she knows she has it), to put in her bag and give to her teacher.

Miss Busy Body wanted to know why I was writing a note..."what does it say?!"

"It's just a note to say hi to Mrs. McEwen and see if she wants to have a play date!" [It really said that Morgan was going to get picked up early at 1145 for a special surprise!]

So, Morgan takes the note, goes to put it in her bag and comes back with it, and says,
"I'm getting picked up early!! Mommy, why am I getting picked up early?! What are we going to do?!"

My Little Rascal read the note!! So, I said it was a surprise and she'd have to wait and see.


**Morgan when I picked her up as an "early bird!"**

So, I picked her up and we headed to the Garden for the show. The car ride there was funny! Morgan was trying to guess what we were going to do and where we were going. She guessed we were going into Boston and thought we were going to the Children's Museum. We were doing great until in true Mommy fashion, I got lost on our way in there [in my defense - I was coming from Storrow Drive which I had never done before and it was pouring rain]. I saw a postal worker and asked her how to get to the Garden. Morgan immediately said, "I know where we're going! We're going to the garden!"

So, we finally found it, parked in a garage a few blocks away and walked over. By the time we got there we were soaking wet, but we walked into the Garden and Morgan saw the an advertisement sign for Disney On Ice: Toy Story 3. She said, "I want to go do that! Is that a movie! Let's go do that!" I said, "That's exactly what we're going to do!" We arrived at our seats just in the knick of time for the show to start.

The Army guys flew down in parachutes...
And from everywhere!
Ham, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, T Rex and Slinky...
Woody...
Buzz, Ham and T Rex
Morgan chose "Bulls Eye" as her memorabilia toy from the show.

Grinning from ear to ear the whole time!!


What a great memory and special time with Morgan! And, what a great show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment